An Update From The Road...
We're a month into the tour and about to head East.
Greetings from beautiful Madison!
It's been a whirlwind of a month out here on the road, so we thought we'd check in briefly to let you know that we're safe and having a killer time. At the bottom of this post you'll find a list of upcoming shows, but first here are some tiny memories from each of our shows so far on this crazy adventure:
1) We attended Steph's 20-year Fremont High School reunion and played a sweet little set for her classmates at The Woodcliff. What a way to start the tour!
2) We played for a handful of folks at Gabe's in Iowa City and were surprised with a visit from the director of IC Improv, an improv comedy troop that Steph was a member of during her freshman year at University of Iowa.
3) We were welcomed in Sioux Center, IA by an amazing local crowd and played an outdoor set along with The Ruralists and Winter Wayfarer at The Fruited Plain. We were given a deep, late-night lesson in the virtues of ruralism.
4) We joined forces with Stoned and Lonesome on the charming stage at Fernson on 8th in Sioux Falls, SD. Badger gives their beer an enthusiastic thumbs up.
5) We played a sunny Sunday afternoon set at The Sugar Clay Winery in Thurman IA and Badger discovered that he loves sweet, sweet Iowa wine.
6) We spent a hilarious evening at Kitty City in Des Moines after playing Vaudeville Mews with The Mimzees and Courtney Krause.
7) We had a total hootenanny with the folks at The Depot in Shenandoah, IA. Steph's Uncle Rick's old ghost chuckled from the corner of the bar.
8) We played the Chautauqua Tent at John C. Fremont Days! (The Fremonts in Fremont at JC Fremont Days... we may have created a ripple in the space-time continuum.)
9) We spent time with old friends in Lincoln, NE and shared the stage with The Hangin' Cowboys (Badger really, really wants to audition for them soon) and Bazile Mills at Vega.
10) We played with Ryan Menchaca and Peregrine at The Barley Street Tavernin Omaha, NE. Not only did the audience sing along to our cover of It Ain't Me, but they also added improvised harmony to the high part of our original track, Holding Place.
11) We stayed overnight at the darling Historic Trempealeau Hotel in Trempealeau, WI and performed for a lively crowd in their cozy bar. Badger was given a gravity defying hug from his new best friend, Sally.
12) We had a giant sing along to Time After Time in Prescott, WI at Papa T's Pizza and our hearts filled up to the brim with joy. Our stomachs also filled to the brim with their delicious pizza and chicken.
13) We were greeted by a couple of extremely surprising audience members and played with The Last Jackson at the adorable The Warming House in Minneapolis, MN. Surprise family time + Japanese hot dogs + tiki drinks + Bro & SIL = Badger happiness.
14) We got caffeinated and sang our hearts out for some lovely folks at The Local Blend in St. Joseph, MN. Vegan chocolate peanut butter cake nearly lived to tell the tale.
15) We visited our friend Jim for his birthday and played a show at the adorable Molly's in Mt. Carroll, IL. The Timberlake Playhouse cast danced to Holding Place and sang along with practically everything because, good heavens, those folks can sing.
16) We toured around Chicago in a boat and just loved playing at The Elbo Room with Ferdinand the Bull and Fleeting Suns. We ate every pizza and hot dog calorie available. We did good.
We also did really fun interviews with The Fremont Tribune, KMA Radio, UNO Mav Radio and were named Band of the Week by The Omaha World-Herald.
And that's the news from out here on the road! We're eating plenty, sleeping when we can, driving safely and playing music all the time.
Sending lots of love and hoping to give you a big hug in person soon.
Steph & Badger (The Fremonts)
PS. During the writing of this email...
BADGER: Is there anything about Steph in this email?
STEPH: Not really, Badger did all the funny stuff so far.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming dates:
Tuesday, August 8th - Abilene Bar & Lounge with Tough Old Bird in Rochester
Wednesday, August 9th - Sofar Sounds Buffalo
Saturday, August 12th - Art Cafe in Nyack
Sunday, August 13th - LIC Bar in Long Island City
Friday, August 18th - Olive's with Mora Tau, North & West, My Cruel Summerand Liz Hoggs in Nyack
Sunday, September 3rd - Dream Away Lodge with The Crazy Neighbors in Beckett, MA
Thursday, September 7th - Rockwood Music Hall in NYC
Friday, September 8th - Private Event in NYC
Sunday, September 10th - Stonington Opera House in Stonington, ME
Thursday, September 14th - The Vinyl Lounge at Gypsy Sally's in DC